Add to Calendar
31/07/2021 – 01/08/2021 all-day
- This meet is planned as single day trips over the weekend (Portland is 1hr 30mins from Southampton) however there are plenty of campsites locally (likely to be very busy) if people wish to stay.
- The aim will be to head to the quieter areas of Portland (such as The Lost Valley on the east side) with options to head elsewhere should people wish.
- There are a good number of easier grade 3, 4 and 5 slabs available, with plenty of top roping options. Or harder grades can be targeted, depending on what people wish to do.
- Bouldering is also an option – I will have a crash pad and the local bouldering guide book with me.
- Options for a swim in the sea at Ope Cove if the weather is nice.
- The plan will also be to stop at the Chesil Chippie after the days climbing for fish and chips on the beach (or a pint at The Cove).
Organiser: Jamie M